UConn Connects - Helping Students in Higher Education
Lecture Class Time: Wednesdays 1:25 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Possible Discussion Times* (Master Coaching): Mondays 1:25 p.m.-2:25 p.m., 2:25-3:25 p.m.
*You only need to attend one session which will be determined after you've accepted the position.
Participant Meeting: Scheduled during the semester around your class schedule
Overview and Expectations:
UConn Connects is a 3 credit, 120 hour internship. This can represent a significant time commitment over the course of the semester. Your involvement with the UConn Connects program as an undergraduate facilitator is three-fold:
1) Class - There are two weekly class sessions.  HDFS 3080 lecture meets every Wednesday from 1:25-3:25 pm.  Master coaching sessions (similar to discussion sections) meet weekly on Mondays.
2) Training - Undergraduate mentors must attend a MANDATORY pre-semester training. Usually occurs prior to the start of the semester.
3) Caseload - Each peer mentor will meet weekly with 5-6 students enrolled in the UConn Connects program.
Make sure you can commit to this program. If you have questions, contact the AAC at 860-486-4889.
1) Click the link below to access the application. You will need to provide contact information, answer a series of short questions, and upload your resume.
2) After your application is submitted, you will be invited to participate in a group interview.
3) After interviews are complete, accepted candidates will be emailed with class permission numbers and more information.