Overview and Expectations:
UConn Connects is a 3 credit, 120 hour internship. This can represent a significant time commitment over the course of the semester. Your involvement with the UConn Connects program as an undergraduate facilitator is three-fold:
1) Class - There are two weekly class sessions.  Lecture meets every Wednesday from 1:25-3:25 pm.  Master coaching sessions (similar to discussion sections) meet weekly on Mondays.
2) Training - Undergraduate mentors must attend a MANDATORY pre-semester training. Usually occurs prior to the start of the semester.
3) Caseload - Each peer mentor will meet weekly with 5-6 students enrolled in the UConn Connects program.
If you have questions, please contact the AAC at 860-486-4889 or come by the AAC, located in Rowe 217.
UConn Connects - Helping Students in Higher Education
Lecture Class Time: Wednesdays 1:25 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Possible Discussion Times* (Master Coaching): Mondays 1:25 p.m.-2:25 p.m., 2:25-3:25 p.m.
*You only need to attend one discussion session which will be determined after you've accepted the position.
Participant Meeting: Scheduled during the semester around your class schedule.
1) Complete the application below. You will need to provide contact information, answer a series of short questions, and upload your resume.
2) After your application is submitted, you will be invited to participate in a group interview.
3) After interviews are complete, accepted candidates will be emailed with class permission numbers and more information.
The UConn Connects Mentor application is now closed.
Fall 2019 mentor recruitment will begin later this semester.
Please contact Joanna Rivera Davis with questions or concerns at 860-486-6120 or via email at email@example.com